Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 03:33:36 PM
Recent Posts | Membership | Latest News

This community of Opel owners from all over the Philippines is the melting pot of all information that is uniquely Opel.

We Ask, Learn, Help and Share information that revolves on technical and repair, sources of parts and service, accessories or cosmetics.

Whether you're Old School (read: Rekord, Ascona, Manta, Kadett, Olympia) or New School (read: Astra, Vectra, Omega, Zafira, Tigra, Corsa), this club will make your stay worthwhile. Either you're here because you're an Opel enthusiast or just dropping by for some advice, you are welcome!

Extend your Network. Collaborate with club members from various industries in the country and across the world.

This is proudly Opel Owners Club of the Philippines.

UPDATE October 2011: Registration via online form has been temporarily disabled due to the overwhelming spam we get. If you are interested in joining with Standard Membership, you can request to join our Facebook group Club Opel Philippines and make a post stating you want to join.

Ads By PistonBay.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Opel manta-A  (Read 13896 times)
bishop

« on: August 23, 2009, 10:43:20 PM »

i need help COP bros.

i wanted to restore a manta-a but will need some guide.  the gauge console is no longer original.  if you have some interior pics pls post.  better yet, if you have or know where i can buy gauges and console, pls point me to the right direction.

eto lang muna but i'll need more for sure.

thanks!
jc_oldschooler

Just take the rules to the limit.

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:04:39 AM »

i need help COP bros.

i wanted to restore a manta-a but will need some guide.  the gauge console is no longer original.  if you have some interior pics pls post.  better yet, if you have or know where i can buy gauges and console, pls point me to the right direction.

eto lang muna but i'll need more for sure.

thanks!

try to find parts at Saulo's. baka meron pa sila.
nosmanta

Drive it like you stole it.......sometimes!

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:30:16 AM »

Check out the dash on this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPEL-MANTA-1900-YELLOW_W0QQitemZ140341129483QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item20acfbb10b&_trksid=p3913.c0.m22
MantaRay

Retro Cars & Opelitis Syndrome

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:00:24 AM »

Way to go, Bishop! From time to time you'll find stuff being sold reasonably on ebay to complete your restoration (as shared by sir nosmanta).

I think JC is selling his Manta A. Although his car does not have the original Opel engine, you might want to look into it and reconsider it as your parts car.

All the Best!

'75 Manta "A" Rallye (project car, daily driver)
bishop

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 11:16:13 PM »

ayos ito sir.  thank you!  mai-print and makahanap sa Apalit.  Bka sakali Grin
bishop

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »

Way to go, Bishop! From time to time you'll find stuff being sold reasonably on ebay to complete your restoration (as shared by sir nosmanta).

I think JC is selling his Manta A. Although his car does not have the original Opel engine, you might want to look into it and reconsider it as your parts car.

All the Best!

Di ba restored na Manta A ni JC?  Di ko kaya presyo nun  Wink

Bro JC saan yun Saulo's?  Contact number pls.  Smiley
jc_oldschooler

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 11:52:40 PM »

All the Best!

i don't have a Manta A sir. the one that i'm selling is my owned by my friend. now, may bago nang amo yung manta A. si sir bishop na. hehehehe
jc_oldschooler

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 11:55:32 PM »

Di ba restored na Manta A ni JC?  Di ko kaya presyo nun  Wink

Bro JC saan yun Saulo's?  Contact number pls.  Smiley

wala ako Manta A bro.. Manta B yung sakin. hehehehe.. regarding saulo's contact no., di ko din alam eh. i suggest go directly to their shop in qc, pwede ka mag halungkat dun.  i saw some parts for your manta dun, cguro 2 mos ago.
bishop

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 12:29:46 PM »

i don't have a Manta A sir. the one that i'm selling is my owned by my friend. now, may bago nang amo yung manta A. si sir bishop na. hehehehe

ako pala ang nakabili ... akalain mo yun  Grin Grin Grin
n-lo

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 12:25:39 PM »

Way to go guys! Can't help but post a bit of what I know about the Manta A as I used to have the equivalent model Ascona way back in 1974. Also, I had a lot of friends who used to own the Manta A (both stock and modified) during the time. My late father and his personal mechanic were even very good at maintaining and repairing GM cars during said decade but its a pity that I lost touch with said mechanic when my father died almost ten years ago. Anyway, as far as I remember, Bien Manalo kept and maintained the cleanest and fastest Manta As and Asconas and knowing his passion for Opels and his logistic base, he should still have those in his garage and personal shop located within the Iglesia ni Kristo compound(shrine and residence) in San Juan. Moreover, he used to maintain a stock of spares of all his cars( all GM, to include Opels, Camaros, and other Chevys in said shop) and he may still have some of them. The key is establishing a breakthrough with him but knowing the shared passion baka puede. Aside from this, see if some members of the Yutivo(Yu) family may still have some models or parts of this model as they kept a good number of these models in their respective garages. The only thing is that, most of them have migrated out of the country, but who knows, baka sakali lang. Good luck with your search and my prayers and wishes are with you.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:03:13 AM by n-lo » Logged
bishop

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 10:40:05 PM »

di na original engine yung sa manta a ko.  parang di ako happy sa 3au na nakakabit.

COP bros can you pls suggest ang engine na ok ipalit?  un with more than enough power for the manta body and go fast?

sana yung engine na pang rwd para di na mahirap ang conversion.  any ideas?

Roll Eyes
nosmanta

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 11:29:50 PM »

di na original engine yung sa manta a ko.  parang di ako happy sa 3au na nakakabit.

COP bros can you pls suggest ang engine na ok ipalit?  un with more than enough power for the manta body and go fast?

sana yung engine na pang rwd para di na mahirap ang conversion.  any ideas?

Roll Eyes

My only question is, are you sticking with the Toyota engine? Para hindi ka na palit ng tranny.
i will recommend 3sg for the 2 liter engine and 4aGze 16 valve supercharged 1600cc engine. Only minor modifications are necessary to fit these engines to your car. And I think the gearbox will bolt straight in.

4agze supercharged

4agze

Altessa 3sge 6 speed

3sge with twin carbs

Think about this.........!
bishop

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 02:26:49 PM »

whoah!  parehong maganda !!! 

pareho ba sir pasok sa manta A body? 

di ko malaman kung akin ang pipiliin ko  Grin  the last pic with twin carb ang linis ng setup.  type ko.

what sort of price range are we looking at sa 3sge and the 4agze?  the 3sg ... iyan ba sir ung beams blacktop?
nosmanta

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 04:56:19 PM »

Blacktop is 1600 while 3sge is 2 liter. You can try to inquire the prices at Evangelista or Banaue. I have the Silvertop in my Corolla.

or this

For RWD application
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:11:43 PM by nosmanta » Logged
bishop

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 09:31:47 PM »

dami thanks sir.  I will check for availability and prices.

a friend mentioned that with 4agze, malamang daw tumamama sa firewall ang distrubutor.  what do you think sir?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: