Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 03:18:21 PM
Recent Posts | Membership | Latest News

This community of Opel owners from all over the Philippines is the melting pot of all information that is uniquely Opel.

We Ask, Learn, Help and Share information that revolves on technical and repair, sources of parts and service, accessories or cosmetics.

Whether you're Old School (read: Rekord, Ascona, Manta, Kadett, Olympia) or New School (read: Astra, Vectra, Omega, Zafira, Tigra, Corsa), this club will make your stay worthwhile. Either you're here because you're an Opel enthusiast or just dropping by for some advice, you are welcome!

Extend your Network. Collaborate with club members from various industries in the country and across the world.

This is proudly Opel Owners Club of the Philippines.

UPDATE October 2011: Registration via online form has been temporarily disabled due to the overwhelming spam we get. If you are interested in joining with Standard Membership, you can request to join our Facebook group Club Opel Philippines and make a post stating you want to join.

Ads By PistonBay.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Opel manta-A  (Read 16453 times)
nosmanta

Drive it like you stole it.......sometimes!

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 11:24:26 PM »

Check this out for reference:

http://www.playtoyclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71

and this

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/7177/3sgetransplant.html
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:58:53 PM by nosmanta » Logged
bishop

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 09:41:30 PM »

excellent sites sir!  dami thanks  Smiley
n-lo

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 06:53:29 AM »

Some info on the company that assembled the Opel Mantas and Asconas during the early 70s may be gathered from a CRG Research Report in the following website:

http://www.camaros.org/yutivo.shtml   

Its a pity that very little was said about the Opel Mantas/Asconas as it gave a lot of info on the Chevy Camaro, the VINs and cowl tag infos, production series and paint codes. It proves very helpful to restorers especially those wanting to maintain the integrity of the original issues. However, some info could provide leads to Opel restorers especially on resource persons who may ne able to help the old schoolers. However, it provided info  about how Yu Beng Tek established the Autohaus fot the purpose of racing and promoting the Opel Mantas and Asconas during the time. As far as I recall, Mario(nosmanta) still maintains contact with the main mechanic (is it Ferriols?) of said shop and should be good to ask him also.  Good luck with your endeavor! Wink 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:55:00 AM by n-lo » Logged
manta72

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 12:00:12 PM »

The mechanic of Yu Beng Tek when he was racing was Boy Ferriols.   When Autohaus opened, Boy had already migrated to the United States so his brother, Joey Ferriols was the mechanic hired for Autohaus.
bishop

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 10:24:45 PM »

I finally had the chance to bring my Manta A sa mechanic.  He is now working on the brakes -- upod ng lahat.  Next will be the fuel gauge -- hindi kasi gumagana.  Mahirap ng maubusan ng gasoline.  He will check the steering system as well.

Naayos na rin pala nya ang both windows.  When I bought the manta kasi, yung salamin sa pinto hindi lumalapat pag i-sinasarado.,  Also when you close the doors with the glass window down, eh parang or malamang madurog ang glass.  Ngayon OK na. 

That should be it until I find time again and get the right engine to replace the 3AU.

I am now toying with the idea of possibly using a V-6.  What do you think guys?  Anong V-6 ba ang hindi mahirap ihanap ng piyesa.

I know malakas sa gas but hindi naman sya for daily drive.  Or if the V-6 eh hindi ayos, balik ako sa toyota engine.
nosmanta

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 07:34:23 AM »

Hi Bishop!

Ngayon ko lang nakita yung post mo.  I was looking for a v6 engine before pero ok na rin sana yung pang Omega.  Kaso wala kang makunan dito.  Why don't you go back to a 4 cyl and try exploring the possibility of installing a Nissan SR20DET! Thats a 2 liter turbo! Hanapan mo na lang ng gearbox! Malakas pa. The engine is available here in Banaue or Evangelista.

Para maging OPEL-SAN! hahaha!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 07:45:59 AM by nosmanta » Logged
bishop

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 10:31:17 PM »

Hi Bishop!

Ngayon ko lang nakita yung post mo.  I was looking for a v6 engine before pero ok na rin sana yung pang Omega.  Kaso wala kang makunan dito.  Why don't you go back to a 4 cyl and try exploring the possibility of installing a Nissan SR20DET! Thats a 2 liter turbo! Hanapan mo na lang ng gearbox! Malakas pa. The engine is available here in Banaue or Evangelista.

Hey Nosmanta!

thanks for the advise.  i'm not bent on a V6 and will consider other good engines.  one reason kaya i'm not rushing into the project.  gusto ko talagang makapamili.    i thought of V6 because it's compact and packs a lot of power.

i'll research the Nissan.  malay natin bka nga maging OPEL-san  Grin   (ganda ng setup sa pics)

i went to Tango kanina looking for a replacement ng tail light... dami na ksing cracks.  sabi sa tango napakyaw na daw -- 6 pcs.  si JC yata  Grin

i bought a gauge panel din and will find out soon if working pa ang gauges.  funny thing when I asked for manta A gauge panel, eh hindi kagaya sa pics (from internet).  Malalim ang setting ng gauges.  When I showed the pic to Toti, sabi nya para pala sa ascona ang hanap ko.  meron syang nakuha which matched perfectly ng nsa internet pics.  kaya lang un nasa far right gauge ay wala or blanked.  Middle gauge is for speed, left gauge is for temp and fuel gauge.  anyone with ascona before or maybe have seen one?  blanko talaga un spot for the 3rd gauge?

cheers!
jc_oldschooler

Just take the rules to the limit.

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 10:32:17 PM »

Hi Bishop!

Hi Bishop!

OPEL-SAN o NI-PEL? hehehehe.. parang pangat pakinggan yung NI-PEL.. Grin Grin Grin
bishop

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »

Got the info below from the internet.  Ayos ah!  DOH na, EFI pa and turbo pa  Grin

The breakdown of the engine code is as follows:

SR - Engine Code Also known as "senior"
20 - 2.0 Liters
D - Dual Overhead Cam
E - Electronic Fuel Injection
T - Turbocharged
bishop

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 10:38:19 PM »

jc ... tama na yun OPEL-san Grin

igagawa ko ng sariling logo  Roll Eyes

@nosmanta -- sir di kaya mahirap ang parts?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 10:41:05 PM by bishop » Logged
nosmanta

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 08:09:20 AM »

Marami naman cguro parts yan even in the US or Australia. At hindi naman masisira yan kung Sunday car mo lang naman. You can ask around in Banaue or Evangelista. This engine is very popular with the drifting and drag racing community both in US and Australia. Completo pa sa race parts! Parang Honda B series din ka dami ang parts for racing! You just have to source a 5 speed gearbox from the S14 Silvia 200SX and a prop shaft.

nosmanta

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »

I just came from Evangelista and asked the price of the Redtop SR20DET. It's P65t with gearbox. RWD. You just need to buy the prop shaft
bishop

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 10:38:42 PM »

I just came from Evangelista and asked the price of the Redtop SR20DET. It's P65t with gearbox. RWD. You just need to buy the prop shaft

60K?  turbo na yun and complete with harness?  I think hindi nalalayo sa presyo ng toyota black top (not turbo).

palagay mo sir kasya sa manta bay?  how to determine if the engine will fit sa manta bay? 

what dimensions need to be considered?  width, length and height lang ba?

by the way, I went to the mechanic garage knina and isinukat ko yun gauge console i bought from Tango.  aba eh tama nga yun supposedly dash board ng ascona 72 sa manta A ko.

the mechanic was working on the gas tank float kanina.  sira na pala so he was replacing it plus meron putok sa gilid ng gas filler ang tank.

Smiley
nosmanta

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 07:44:00 AM »

Madali na pakasyahin yan. Kasa nga ang V8 dyan!  You just have to fabricate the supports and turbo plumbing, buy the intercooler and rearrange the wiring. All in a days work. Hehehe! Good luck!
bishop

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 08:42:28 AM »

Madali na pakasyahin yan. Kasa nga ang V8 dyan!  You just have to fabricate the supports and turbo plumbing, buy the intercooler and rearrange the wiring. All in a days work. Hehehe! Good luck!

ayun naman pala. so if "it can be done", it will be done  Grin

BUT will i really need that "Good luck" or is it all in a days work  Roll Eyes

cheers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: